Precision Liquid Absorbency Device
The M/K GATS measures absorbency properties easily and reliably. This precision absorbency device accurately measures absorbency rates and capacity using our M/K Systems' patented liquid interface. The GATS employs an accurate water delivery method that accurately controls the height between your sample and the liquid source. All data and graphs are recorded in real time (5 points per second or faster if desired), then analyzed through our statistical software package. In addition to measuring absorbency in towels, diapers, tampons, our device is also optimized to analyze polymer absorption properties. Our automated system restores all settings and liquid levels for each test, eliminating user variability. The GATS reveals absorbency differences not obtainable through other methods. Easily measure both absorbency capacity and rate by both radial wicking and absorbency through your sample in the "z-directional" (thickness) . The 2020 M/K Systems GATS now uses a programmable Smart-motor with improved sensitivity over earlier models. Our different liquid interface designs allow you to measure measure absorbency rate under load (absorbency under pressure), z-directional absorbency tests, radial wicking, or even 45-degree absorbency tests.
Some typical absorbency materials used in the GATS include:
- Nonwovens, Textiles, and Cotton materials, Knit and Woven Textiles.
- Super absorbent materials and other polymers
- Tissues and Paper Towels
- Pulp, Fibers (absorbency and desorbency)
- Clothing, apparel, textiles, polyesters, and other materials to model sweating.
- Diapers, tampons, and other Feminine Hygiene Products.
- Absorbency in Cat litters, sodium bentonite, and other clays.
- Polymers, Powders, and other granular substrates.
- Pulp, fiberglass, or other materials with a threaded or string-laced structure.
Some industry standards and patents the M/K GATS complies with include:
TAPPI T-561 (Currently undergoing revision)
- ISO 9073-12
- NEW IN 2020: AATCC-TM200 Water delivery
- NEW IN 2020: Pulp-dewatering test
- US Patent 7,779,685
- US Patent 8,176,769
- US Patent 8,869,634
- Other patents are pending.
Our system accurately monitors the liquid uptake by lowering our patented test plate as the liquid is drawn into your substrate through capillary action.
The GATS measures hundreds of data points per minute and automatically graphs your absorbency curves in real time. Software is used to statistically analyze your absorbency results.
Send us samples for testing. You can rent or buy the GATS. Contact us for further details.
Copyright © M/K Systems 1969-2020